Terms and Conditions
1. This competition (the "Competition") is open to residents of the United Kingdom ("Territory") aged eighteen (18) and over except employees of Microsoft Limited ("Microsoft") and Capital One (Europe) plc ("sponsor") and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate families (defined for the purpose of these Terms as husband, wife, mother, father, sister, brother, son, daughter, or persons residing in the household of such employees), and anyone else professionally connected with this Competition. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Entrants and check their identity.
2. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms of service ("Terms") when they enter this Competition as described in paragraph 5 of these Terms.
How to Enter
3. The Competition will start at [14:00] Greenwich Mean Time ("GMT") on [12th June], 2012 and end at [16:00] GMT on [15th June], 2012 (the "Competition Period"). No entries received outside the Competition Period will be eligible to win the Prize.
4. No purchase is necessary to enter the Competition. There is a limit of one entry per person during the Competition Period.
5. To be entered into this prize draw you must be one of the first one hundred (100) people to validly forward on ("re-tweet") the message posted by Microsoft on the MSN Twitter page, located @msnents, followed by the hashtag #MKSession by no later than 16:00 on 15th June 2012. Confirmation of whether you have re-tweeted pursuant to these instructions on the MSN Twitter page will be done using the technology provided by Twitter. One (1) winner will be chosen at random from the list provided from Twitter after the Single Prize Draw Period ends. ("Entry", and persons making such Entries, an "Entrant").
6. Entries that are incomplete will be deemed invalid. No responsibility will be accepted for Entries lost, delayed or damaged in transmission.
7. By entering the spot prize draw you permit Microsoft to send direct messages to you via MSN in order for Microsoft to notify you if you have won. All winners will be asked to provide personal data to the MSN e-mail address [email@example.com] in order to collect your prize.
8. By submitting your entry you agree that Microsoft may publish, display or use your name and profile picture for promotion of MSN in any medium it sees fit, including publication on the MSN Facebook or Twitter properties.
9. If any person is determined to have breached these Terms they will be disqualified. In the event that a Winner is disqualified an alternative Winner will be randomly selected.
How to Win
10. Five (5) winners will be selected by a random prize draw conducted by Microsoft, after the relevant Entry Period. Odds of winning are 5 in 100. The winners will be notified by direct message via Twitter within four (4) hours of the end of the spot prize draw period that they have won. The winners will be required to email [firstname.lastname@example.org] of being contacted and send the following information: Full name, telephone number and email address. If there is a dispute as to who is the potential winner, Microsoft will consider the potential winner to be the authorised account holder registered with the Twitter. All potential winners may be asked to provide identification proving their eligibility before they are entitled to receive the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, through no fault of Microsoft, within four (4) hours after the first attempt to contact the potential winner, an alternative winner will be selected at random. The winners may be required to participate in further publicity or advertising.
11. The name and county of the Winners are available on request, by emailing email@example.com. By entering this Competition you agree to your details being disclosed in the event you are a Winner.
12. There are a total of five (5) prizes. Each prize will consist of a pair (2) of tickets to see Michael Kiwanuka at the Union Chapel on Sunday 24th June, occurring from 19:00 - 22:00. Beer, wine and soft drinks will be available until the allocated amount has run out. (the "Prize"). No cash alternative is available.
'Travel costs to and from the event are not included and must be paid for by the winner. For the avoidance of doubt, Microsoft will have no liability in relation to travel costs associated with travelling to or from the event'
13. Prizes will be fulfilled by BMB Neon on behalf of Microsoft.
14. The collection of personally identifiable information for the purposes of this Competition will be subject to the Privacy Statement at http://privacy.microsoft.com/. Specifically, the data collected through this Competition will be used to telephone or send an email to Entrants to confirm where the Entrant has won a Prize. All personally identifiable information will be deleted approximately six (6) weeks after the Winners are selected. By entering this Competition, you expressly consent to the use of your personally identifiable information in accordance with the Privacy Statement.
15. The data collected through this Competition will also be used to determine whether the Entrant is entitled to any bonus prizes which may be awarded to winners who are Capital One customers at the time of entering the competition.
16. If any provision or part of these Terms is deemed void or otherwise unenforceable in law then that provision or part shall be deemed excluded and the remainder of these Terms shall remain in force.
17. These Terms, the conduct of this Competition and the interpretation and enforcement of these terms and conditions shall be exclusively governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales, unless you are a Scottish resident, in which case you may choose the law of your own country of residence. Entrants irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales, unless they are a Scottish resident or a resident of Northern Ireland, in which case they may choose the courts of their place of residence.
18. The promoter is Microsoft Limited, Building 3, Floor 3, Zone 4 Thames Valley Park, Reading RG6 1WG, UK (the "Promoter"). Please direct any queries or complaints regarding the Competition to either this address or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
19. Microsoft cannot guarantee the performance of any third party and shall not be liable for any act or default by a third party . Entrants agree that Microsoft will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, costs, damage or disappointment of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from acceptance, misuse or use of the Prize. Nothing in this paragraph shall limit Microsoft's liability in respect of death or personal injury arising out of its own negligence or arising out of fraud.
more on music
msn music poll
It's been a busy year for celebrities, but what do you think the most shocking showbiz story of 2013 has been?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- Simon Cowell to become a father
- Cory Monteith dies at age 31
- Angelina Jolie's double mastectomy
- Katie Price marries for the third time
- Justin Bieber becomes a bad boy (drug reports, late for shows etc)
- Miley Cyrus' twerking antics
- Paris Jackson's suicide attempt
- Tulisa arrested over drug claims
- Amanda Bynes' public breakdown, arrest and rehab
- Lindsay Lohan in trouble again, goes to rehab